Thursday 21 March 2013

Amchi Mumbai

Away from the usual...

Finally 2013 arrived and the World did not come to and end as the Mayans had predicted. Well, I was the happiest that we surpassed the supposed doomsday because I was eagerly waiting for January 2013 when I would fly to Mumbai and stay there all by myself for 1 whole month!!! 
So at last the wait ended and I landed in Mumbai on 4th January 2013. I knew that the coming 30 days would for sure be full of fun and excitement and that's how they turned out to be. Got to see so many places, almost the entire city of Mumbai. Interacted with a lot of my counterparts from across India and found some good friends in them. 
These 30 days away from home for the very first time taught me a lot and brought many "firsts" with them. Like the first time I was away from home, first time I flew in an airplane, first time i spiked my orange juice hehe and first time I had chocolates couriered to me :D
This experience was like my first step into the actual World, out of the protective shell of my family, all by myself. And I am glad that I got to experience it. However, there was a time during these 30 days that made me homesick but that was just momentarily but it made me realize the value of family that apparently I took/take for granted. 
On the whole, I definitely didn't want to leave from there because of the fun I had but the fact was that the good time did end and now I am back to Delhi, back home, back to work. However, I hope that I get to make a trip out of Delhi again and that too soon, all by myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment